Find out about how Ayr Holiday Park has developed over the years!
Previously known as ‘Ayr Farm Camping Site’ our farm site license was granted in 1950. The growth in tourism following the end of second World War soon showed the need for a camping site in St. Ives.
Starting in one field only, with pitches for tents, touring caravans and camper vans. The site quickly expanded and in the 1960s could also offer holiday caravans for hire and a number of wooden chalets which had the luxury of their own bathroom and black and white TV.
Now in its third generation of family ownership and called Ayr Holiday Park expansion of the site has continued. Changing technology and customer demands led to fully serviced touring pitches on hard standings, larger more luxurious caravans and the provision of a restaurant and summer pool.
Further evolution has seen wi-fi becoming an essential service and now E.U. charging points are available on the park.